The Audio Seal test is designed to help you determine whether your earphones are correctly inserted. The test consists of audibly comparing two tones, one at 50 Hz and the other at 500 Hz, which should be heard at the same level. A weaker low frequency tone indicates a poor ear seal, resulting in compromised sound quality and poor isolation.
3DME Gen2: The Seal Test is self-contained in the body pack and can be accessed simply through the ASI Audio app.
For more complete information about the Seal Test, please refer to the BTG2 Owner's Manual on the Support page here.
3DME BT version: The Seal Test is accessed here through the following directions. Either of two brief audio tracks may be selected. Both include the two tones. On one track, the two tones are played together. On the other track, the tones alternate in 2-second intervals. Note: This test has been optimized for use with Sensaphonics Earphones only. We do not guarantee accurate results if used to test products of any other manufacturer.
- Fully insert your earphones and plug them into the 3DME bodypack.
- Connect the audio jumper cable between the 3DME bodypack "Monitor In" jack and the computer/tablet/phone earphone output jack.
- Select MP3 Media tracks as appropriate.
- In a quiet room, play the tracks through your IEMs (earphones).
- Listen at a strong normal-to-loud volume and note the relative levels of the two tones (500 Hz and 50 Hz).
- Consult the chart below.
|Play alternating tone MP3 (1:00)
|Play simultaneous tone MP3 (0:37)