The Audio Seal test on this page can help determine whether your earphones are correctly inserted. The test consists of two brief audio tracks. Both include two sine waves, one at 50 Hz and the other at 500 Hz, played at the same volume. On one track, the two tones are played together. On the other track, the tones alternate in 2-second intervals.
This test has been optimized for use with Sensaphonics Earphones only. We do not guarantee accurate results if used to test products of any other manufacturer.
- Fully insert your earphones and plug them into the 3DME bodypack.
- Unplug the USB programming cable from the computer/table/phone, if connected, to avoid digital noises.
- Connect the audio jumper cable between the 3DME bodypack "Monitor In" jack and the computer/tablet/phone earphone output jack.
- Select MP3 Media tracks as appropriate.
- In a quiet room, play the tracks through your IEMs (earphones).
- Listen at a strong normal-to-loud volume and note the relative levels of the two tones (500 Hz and 50 Hz).
- Consult the chart below.